Attack on Titan is one of the best-selling manga series of all time and has won several awards, including the Harvey Award and the Kodansha Manga Award. The good news is that the show has been available on Netflix but only in limited regions. This has disappointed the fans, especially when the third part of the final season is yet to be released in 2023.
The anime series is available on the Japanese Netflix library, and if you know the proper steps, you can stream all seasons from anywhere. If you want to know how to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix from any location, read the following article and follow the steps carefully.
What is Attack on Titan?
Attack on Titan is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. The story follows the adventures of Eren Yeager and his friends Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert as they join the military to fight the Titans and giant humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The series began in 2009 and has been serialized in Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine since September 2009.
The series has been adapted into an anime television series produced by Wit Studio and Production IG that began airing on April 7, 2013. Its second season aired from April 1, 2017, to June 17, 2017, with the third season released in July 2018, the first part of the final fourth season broadcasted in 2021, and the second part in 2022 while the final part is likely to be on-aired in 2023. Besides this, four animated movies were also released as the adaptation of the TV series from 2014 to 2020.
Is Attack on Titan available on US Netflix?
Attack on Titan is yet another popular anime show available on a few Netflix regions, and fortunately, the US Netflix is one of them. However, only the first season is available on the US Netflix. It’s because Netflix doesn’t have the streaming rights to broadcast it in the US, and thus, for this reason, you won’t find remaining seasons of the manga series on US Netflix.
Currently, the Japanese and the Netherland Netflix library includes all Attack on Titan seasons. Thus, if you live in the US or any other region than Japan or the Netherlands , you need to use a VPN provider to watch all Attack on Titan seasons on Netflix.
Attack on Titan available in which Netflix regions
Attack on Titan is available on Netflix but not universally. The show has four seasons but the third and fourth season is split into further parts. However, the streaming platform has geo-blocked the content based on users’ location. Thus, for this reason who won’t find the show in your region. Below are the regions and countries where the show is available:
- Australia (Season 1)
- Canada (Season 1)
- Belgium (Season 1)
- France (Season 1)
- Germany (Season 1)
- Hong Kong (Final Season; part 1 and part 2)
- Indonesia (Final Season; part 1 and part 2)
- Greece (Final Season; part 1 and part 2)
- Israel (Final Season; part 1 and part 2)
- Italy (Final Season; part 1 and part 2)
- Japan (All seasons and its parts)
- Netherlands (All seasons and its parts)
- The US (Season 1)
- Turkey (Season 1)
- South Africa (Season1)
- Spain (Season 1)
- Switzerland (Season 1)
If you reside in a country not on the above list, you need to use a reputable streaming VPN provider to bypass the geo-blocks and stream Attack on Titan globally.
How to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix?- Quick Steps
To watch Attack on Titan on Netflix, you need to use Netflix VPN. It will assign you the IP address of the VPN server that enables you to circumvent the geo-blocks and watch the blocked streaming content.
Here are the quick steps that you must follow to use a VPN to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix:
- Install a streaming VPN provider.
- Signup for a new user account.
- Log in to your VPN account and connect to a VPN server.
- Go to www.netflix.com and sign in to your account.
- Search for “Attack on Titan” in the upper right-hand search bar.
- Select the first result, scroll down to “Episodes,” and select the first one.
That’s it. You can now watch the TV shows from anywhere with fast streaming speeds and without the streaming platform knowing about it.
Why do I need a VPN to watch Attack on Titan?
If you want to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix, you need a VPN. That’s because Netflix is a geo-restricted service, meaning it’s only available in certain countries. Using a VPN, you can connect to a server in a country where Netflix is available and access the content you want.
Below are the reasons why a VPN helps in watching blocked streaming content:
- A VPN will also encrypt your traffic, ensuring your online activity is private and secure. This is especially important if you’re using public Wi-Fi to stream Attack on Titan, as it will protect your data from hackers.
- It improves your streaming experience by giving you access to high speeds and low-latency servers. This means you won’t have to deal with buffering or other issues that can ruin your enjoyment of the show.
- A premium VPN provider offers advanced features such as obfuscation technology that bypasses the geo-blocks and helps access the geo-blocked content.
- The ISPs throttle your connection for engaging in activities that take up much of the bandwidth, and streaming is one of those activities. A VPN offers unlimited bandwidth, hides your activities, and ensures that your streaming experience isn’t interrupted.
Various VPN providers are available, but not all are best for streaming. So, make sure you end up choosing the right VPN provider. If you can’t decide which VPN provider to use, look at this guide and select.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix?
If you’re looking for a way to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix, you may wonder if you can use a free VPN. Unfortunately, Netflix has been cracking down on VPNs lately, and most free VPNs no longer work with the streaming service. Besides this, there are other valid reasons why you must avoid using a free VPN provider on Netflix. Some of these reasons are as follows:
- Free VPNs show several unwanted ads because they earn revenue through them. These ads are annoying and can be intrusive by risking your digital privacy.
- These VPN providers have limited server network access, because of which you receive slow and sluggish speeds.
- A free VPN provider allocates a limited monthly data limit. The bandwidth ends before the month ends, and not enough to stream an entire season on Netflix.
- It lacks obfuscation technology and a dedicated IP address feature that bypasses the geo-blocks and lets you stream the blocked content with more privacy and anonymity.
Many users first want to try a VPN before buying a premium subscription, so they use a free VPN. In such circumstances, you can use the best free trial VPN but avoid using free VPNs.
How many Attack on Titan seasons are available on Netflix?
Attack on Titan comprises four seasons, which are available in the Japanese and Netherland content library. Below is a quick overview of all the seasons:
- Season 1: This season, Eren Jaeger’s mother, after being eaten by the Titans, dies, and Eren is motivated to develop skills to fight against the Titan who eats his mother.
- Season 2: The main cast and characters join the Survey Corps, and they are all in action when the Titans breach the wall without any traces.
- Season 3: The third season is split into two parts, showing how Eren and other members defend their hometown against Titans in a series of battles.
- Season 4: This season is split into three parts. The two parts have already been released, while the last part is yet to be released in 2023. This season, new characters enter the show and get into a war against the Survey Corps as each wants to protect their homeland.
To unblock all Attack on Titan seasons, use a Netflix VPN. It will change your geographic location and hide your IP address. This way, you can watch all seasons regardless of your location.
Attack on Titan movies available on Netflix
Attack on Titan is comprised of four movies, and if you’re planning to watch the movie, it’s better to have an idea about what the film will be about:
- Movie 1: Crimson Bow and Arrow was the first recap movie released in 2014. The movie follows a young man who vows to destroy the giant humanoid creatures that threaten humanity.
- Movie 2: Wings of Freedom is the second movie released in 2015. The movie follows how the Trost District is reclaimed from the Titans, and Eren is taken under the wing of Captain Levi, who decides to teach him to master his mysterious abilities.
- Movie 3: The Roar of Awakening is the third Attack on Titan movie. It premiered in 2018 and was about Eren Jaeger and others who become full members of the Survey Corps and prepare themselves to face the Titans again.
- Movie 4: Chronicles is the fourth movie released in 2020 and shows minimal spurts of the significant events from the first three seasons.
The movies are available on Netflix but only in the Japan region. If you’re interested in watching it, first use a streaming VPN, get a Japanese IP address, and then stream the movie.
Attack on Titan Characters
The popular manga series casts different people for different roles, but the lead characters include:
- Eren Jaeger is the main protagonist of Attack on Titan. He’s a member of the Survey Corps, who are assigned the task of exploring and mapping the outside world.
- Mikasa Ackerman is Eren’s best friend and adoptive sister. She’s an incredibly skilled fighter and serves as one of Eren’s protectors.
- Armin Arlert is another one of Eren’s close friends. He’s not as physically powerful as Mikasa or Eren, but he more than makes up for it with his quick wit and intelligent strategies.
- Levi Ackerman is one of the most influential members of the Survey Corps. He’s known as “Humanity’s Strongest Soldier” and lives up to his reputation by easily taking down Titans.
Apart from this, with each season, new characters add up to the list.
IMDB rating of Attack on Titan.
IMDb rated Attack on Titan 5.1/10 based on 14,295 users’ votes.
Similar titles to Attack on Titan on Netflix?
If you like to watch shows similar to Attack on Titan, you can find more on Netflix. Some of the best titles are as follows:
- Blue Exorcist
- God Eater
- Code Geass
However, some of the above-listed shows might not be available on Netflix. Ensure to use a VPN and enhance your streaming experience.
Yes, Attack on Titan is available on Netflix in several countries, including Australia, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, the US, and France. However, only the first and the final season is available in the countries listed. If you wish to watch all seasons, you will need a VPN to get an IP address of Japan or the Netherlands.
You can watch Attack of Titan on Netflix. All the seasons are available on Netflix, but all the seasons are only available on the Japan and the Netherland Netflix library. So, you must use a VPN to unblock the remaining seasons outside Japan and the Netherlands .
Attack on Titan doesn’t disappear from Netflix, but it has restricted its access to specific regions and countries because of the copyright licensing agreement.
No, Attack of Titan is not available on UK Netflix, and to unblock it, you must use a VPN.
Netflix has the legal streaming rights to broadcast Attack on Titan, so you can watch it there. However, you can find all the anime series seasons in the Japanese library. The series’ limited seasons are available outside Japan and Netherland, and to stream the remaining season, ensure to use the best Netflix VPN.
If you can’t watch Attack on Titan on Netflix, then it’s because Netflix has blocked its access in your region. Install a Netflix VPN and then search for it on Netflix; you will then be able to watch it.
You won’t find Attack of Titan on your Netflix region despite being available on Netflix. It’s mainly because the streaming platform follows a licensing agreement that restricts access to certain content based on the users’ location. However, you must use a reputable VPN provider to unblock any season and watch from any location.