Netflix adverts itself as a reliable streaming platform offering the ultimate online streaming experience. However, apart from its vast content library, the platform is also known for its strict copyright regulations, VPN blocks, and content restrictions. This is why trying to watch American Netflix in the UK is complex.
However, as these content regulations seem unfair, many internet freedom advocates have devised a foolproof method to mitigate them, such as using a VPN. A VPN is the ultimate online privacy and security tool that can help ensure a reliable and smooth online streaming experience on Netflix.
Quick Tips To Change Netflix Region
If you want to watch American Netflix in the UK, there are a few things you need to do.
- Install working VPNs for Netflix
- Install the VPN app on your device and login.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Log in to your Netflix account as usual.
- Switch between screens to reload the backend properly.
Now, You can watch all the American Netflix content you want.
How do I change my country or region on Netflix?
Netflix is available worldwide. However, because of copyright laws and regulations, many TV shows and films are only accessible in particular areas. Every region has its unique collection of movies and television shows. If your favorite streaming content is in another region, you might have to change your country on your Netflix account.
However, you can’t change your account’s country until you relocate to another country because copyright holders have given Netflix the license to make it available only in a few selected countries. Since traveling abroad for mere streaming content is somewhat extreme, here is a better way how to change your country or region on Netflix:
A VPN encrypts your data traffic and reroutes it through remote servers, helping you bypass geo-restrictions and change your Netflix region. The encryption also hides your activity from your ISPs, helping bypass ISP throttling issues.
What is the best VPN to watch Netflix US from the UK?
Netflix’s library is vast when it comes to content. But most of its content is geo-restricted due to copyright issues and licensing agreements. So, if you are moving, traveling, or just a movie or TV show enthusiast, you know that content is limited according to the region. Therefore, the easiest way to bypass geo-restriction is to use the best VPNs. Here are some of the reliable and prominent VPNs available:
- NordVPN: works reliably with US Netflix. It provides fast service to its users and has a simple interface, which makes it easy to navigate.
- Express VPN: provides high security and lets its users access US Netflix through dedicated streaming and geo-blocking features.
- CyberGhost VPN: This is simple and easy to navigate, even for beginners. Not only that, but it also works smoothly with Netflix.
- Proton VPN: this VPN provides high encryption and has a strict no-data logging policy. Its routing technology helps users bypass online restrictions easily.
- Surfshark VPN: budget-friendly VPN for users who want to access different Netflix libraries. It promises the utmost security and has dedicated features to bypass geo-blocks.
These are some of the best and most reliable VPNs that provide robust security, hide your IP address and help you access the US Netflix.
Why VPN Is the Best Solution to Change Region?
A VPN is the only foolproof way to help you access Netflix US from the UK since Netflix has its content libraries divided and geo-restricted. The strict content licensing agreements bound Netflix into providing content based on region, so you need to use a VPN to access any content outside your region.
Some of the best VPNs for Netflix ensure reliable access to American Netflix from anywhere worldwide by masking your IP address and rerouting your data through remote US servers. This tricks Netflix into assuming you are in the US and accessing Netflix from there.
How to find the best VPN to stream Netflix US from the UK?
There are a lot of different VPNs available these days. But due to copyright laws, Netflix bans the server of most VPNs.However, some of the best VPNs allow easy access to Netflix US from the UK. These VPNs are some of the best VPNs for Netflix and have prominent features to help bypass these geo-restrictions, such as:
- Fast Speeds: It must have dedicated features to ensure sure fast speed
- Robust security: It must provide high encryption to mitigate online security issues such as ISP throttling and snooping
- Server location: the VPN should have a large network with most US servers.
- Easy to use: no one wants to go through the hassles of setting up VPNs before streaming. It’s best that the VPN is easy to use.
- Compatibility: VPN should be compatible with all streaming platforms and devices and should be able to mitigate Netflix VPN bans
- Streaming features: the VPN should have specific features that enhance streaming speed and help bypass geo-blocks for reliable streaming.
These are some features of the best VPN to watch US Netflix from the UK.
How can I watch US Netflix in the UK without VPN?
Since US Netflix holds the most extensive content library, people have tried coming up with various ways to access it. While VPNs are known to be the best-known method to help ensure reliable access to US Netflix, there are multiple ways available for anyone who does not want a VPN subscription. Such as:
- Some netizens suggest using a private DNS service to change your DNS server settings so you appear located in the US. This could work if your ISP doesn’t block DNS services.
- You can also use a proxy server but make sure to use a proxy that is not blocked by Netflix and ensures fast speeds.
- A reliable alternative to VPN is a smart DNS service that helps bypass geo-blocks and VPN blocks.
You can use these methods to access US Netflix from the UK without a VPN. Since these methods have drawbacks, you should choose your options carefully.
Can I use a Free VPN to watch American Netflix?
Numerous free VPNs claim they can get around geo-blocks and Netflix VPN restrictions. However, these VPNs never live up to their claims and ultimately ruin your streaming experience. There are several reasons why it is best to steer clear of free VPNs, such as:
- These free VPNs have inadequate servers and give slow speeds.
- Netflix employs strong VPN filters to block known VPN IP addresses. Most free VPN IP addresses are known and blocked by Netflix.
- Free VPNs use poor encryption ciphers that do not help bypass geo-blocks
- They do not have adequate features to bypass geo-restrictions.
- Most free VPNs have a small number of servers with high traffic, which leads to slow speeds due to traffic congestion.
- ISPs know free VPN IP addresses, so they can’t help you bypass geo-restrictions.
- These VPNs have a limited bandwidth of 500MB per month, often getting used up before you can even stream one TV show episode.
It is, therefore, best to use paid and reliable VPNs while streaming on Netflix. One of the most reliable VPN services, NordVPN offers a safe streaming experience and is perfect for changing your regions on Netflix.
Is watching American Netflix from the UK illegal?
Streaming American Netflix content in the UK is not legal due to copyright laws. Their website mentions that VPN is prohibited and that Netflix uses technologies to verify your location. However, it is not entirely illegal because no law states it as illegal.
They point to the fact that no copyright or trademark infringement issues are involved in simply accessing and streaming content from another country. Furthermore, they argue that people have been doing this for years without legal repercussions. For now, Netflix only gives warning messages, violating the rules and regulations.
American Netflix VS UK- what to watch?
It is no news that Netflix has its content divided per country. While both offer a wide variety of content, there are some differences between the two.
- In the US, Netflix has a library of over 3,700 titles, almost double what’s available in the UK. Because American Netflix also produces its original programming, which is not available on UK Netflix.
- Moreover, One of the most significant differences between American and UK Netflix is the selection of TV shows. In addition, UK Netflix also offers a broader selection of international exhibitions, such as those from the BBC.
These are the difference you can find in US vs. UK Netflix, which will help you to choose the location you want to enjoy streaming your desired content.
How can I use Smart DNS to watch US Netflix in the UK?
Here are the actions you need to take to change the Netflix region using smart DNS:
- Pick a DNS proxy server location. The NordVPN Smart DNS function, SmartPlay, is available.
- Select the server you wish to connect to, then click “connect.”
- You can stream whatever content you want, thanks to the smart algorithm.
Now that you have unblocked the content library of the US. Enjoy streaming your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to watch US Netflix in the UK on SmartTV
Watching Netflix on SmartTV is a fun way to have a family movie night! But your movie night might get spoiled if the content you want to watch is only available in the US Netflix catalog. While there are a few different ways to go about this geo-restriction, the most straightforward method is to use a VPN.
- First, you’ll need to ensure that your VPN supports smart TVs.
- Once you have the VPN subscription, connect to the US server, so your data gets rerouted, and you virtually get located there.
- Start your Netflix app and log in to your account. The homepage will display the Netflix US catalog.
- Select the content you want to watch and start streaming.
By connecting to a VPN server in the US, you can access the full range of American Netflix content unavailable in the UK. Moreover, the VPN will also hide your IP address, offers high speed, encrypt your data and reroute your data through different servers to provide the maximum amount of privacy.
Steps to stream American Netflix on UK gaming consoles
If you want to stream US content Uk on a gaming console, you need a VPN. It will help you encrypt your data, provide high speed, hide your IP address, and connect you to a US server. Here are a few steps you need to follow to stream American Netflix on your UK gaming console.
- Sign up for a VPN that works compatibly with gaming consoles.
- Once you have your VPN set up, connect to a server in the United States.
- Open your Netflix app, sign in with your account, and start streaming!
You should now be able to watch all of the American Netflix content you want, and If you’re having trouble connecting to a VPN server, there are a few things you can try.
- First, make sure that your VPN is properly set up and working.
- Then, try connecting to a different server in the United States.
- If that doesn’t work, restart your gaming console and try again.
If you still can’t get it to work, contact your VPN provider for help.
How to stream American Netflix in the UK on FireStick.
If you’re based in the UK and want to watch American Netflix, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow.
- First, you’ll need to sign up for a VPN service with a dedicated FireStick or Fire TV application.
- Install and launch the app and connect to a US server.
- Then, head over to Netflix and sign in with your account details.
The Netflix homepage will automatically present you with the US Netflix catalog. Select the content you want to watch and start streaming.
Steps to stream American Netflix on UK Android
Streaming American Netflix on your UK Android phone is not complex since several Netflix VPNs work compatibly with Android. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- If you don’t have the VPN app, download it from the Google app store, sign up for it, or log in.
- Once the VPN app is ready, head to the server list and connect to the fastest US server available.
- Open up the Netflix app and log in to your account. The homepage will show you the US catalog.
You can follow this guide to watch Netflix US on your Android easily. If you cannot view the US library despite having a VPN connection, close your Netflix app from the background and clear the cache.
Netflix is a streaming site that does not allow its content in all regions due to geo-restricted due to its copyright rules and regulations. Thus if users sometimes want to access Netflix in other countries. They can use a VPN, the most straightforward way to watch Netflix in other countries. A VPN helps you conceal your IP address, encrypt your data, provide high speed, and make accessing the content you want easier. Not only that, but it will also encrypt your data so no one can monitor your online activity.
Watching American Netflix in the UK is not illegal, but it is against many policies. Moreover, Netflix is not taking serious action against it but only issuing warning words.
The basic plan for one person costs £6.99 per month.
Use your VPN to connect it to an American server and enjoy your favorite content.
If users do not want to use VPN, there are other options you can use. for instance, smart DNS is one of the best options use, but users can also use remote desktop software and proxy sites.
No matter where you watch Netflix, the quality everywhere is the same. But if you are looking for content, undoubtedly, American Netflix has some better content than others.
Users can use a smart DNS service that encrypts their DNS, helping them bypass Netflix geo-restrictions.
The easiest way to access American Netflix shows in the UK is via VPN. Use VPN to protect your online privacy, and mask your IP address. This will allow you to watch US shows in the UK quickly.